Monday 23 April 2018

Saint George ..













It's St. George's day today - he being the patron saint of Belfast, as any fule kno. I was lucky enough to photograph the great George Best on two occasions, and am pleased to say I asked him for his autograph. It says a lot that I neglected to ask Ryan Giggs for his! Such a shame that Best's life went the way it did but hey, the man enjoyed himself and you can't say more than that.

Despite my claim to be uninterested in football, I'm delighted that Man U are back in the FA Cup Final and I look forward to watching them beat Chelsea in a few weeks time. It'll be the second time I've watched the Cup Final from 'abroad' .. I remember getting up at about 2am to watch the 1991 final from New Zealand .. a few of us 'Brits' huddled around a tiny TV set in the reception area of a backpackers' hostel in Auckland. Great memories. They're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment