Wednesday 3 January 2018

Turning over a new leaf ..














New Year trips to the nearby towns of Angoulême and La Rochelle gave me an opportunity to take out the camera - as if it's ever away! - and get some fresh photography under my belt. But instead of shooting 'tourist' shots and happy snaps, I found myself drawn to numerous trees around the towns. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the fact that most of them had no leaves on them made them more sculptural. Maybe it was a photographic acknowledgement that I, like them, have put roots down in France. Or perhaps it was just the plain and simple fact that a photographer never stops 'seeing' photographs and the satisfaction of the composition is enough. Time to turn over a new leaf and stop over-analyzing photography, folks ..

No comments:

Post a Comment