Saturday 16 December 2017

For good ..











There are a few things that have made me realise I've definitely left England. Taking my UK house keys off my key-ring was the first one. Having to kiss every woman I meet on the cheeks (twice!) is another. Driving on the right, of course. Unpacking my radio and having spoken French come out of it (That was funky!) Getting forms in triplicate (The French are very bureaucratic) and having to search for fresh milk (The French don't do it .. they love UHT!) .. but two things smacked the point home good and proper. I got an email from the members section of Badminton England, telling me I'd been removed from their records .. and then a pal in the UK asked me when I'd be back over for a drink. I'm sorry? Back over? "But Mike .." I said "I live in France. I'm not coming 'back over'.."

It felt bloody fantastic ..

(And no, I don't mean because of you, Mike ..)  

No comments:

Post a Comment