Wednesday 5 April 2017

One thing leads to another ..













Well, the fresh green shoots are certainly budding, and I don't just mean the arrival of Spring. The start of our new lives in France is really taking hold. Yesterday we took our seventh successive gîte booking, meaning we now have guests to stay every month from now until September, and I've also made a contact over there who's putting me forward for press work with a couple of the UK's national papers. Hey, we're even being considered to appear on a TV programme. Sacré bleu ..

I gave the first ever 'public' reading of my new book on Monday, to a group of youngsters at a children's book club. I wasn't sure how it was received until the leader of the group told me "They stayed quiet .. that's a good sign!" This first reading has now meant that one of our local primary schools has booked me to give a reading there and, amazingly, the owner of a local pre-school group has booked me to come in to photograph the kids. Isn't it funny how one thing leads to another? ..



 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment