Wednesday 7 December 2016

Me and De Niro ..











Normality is finally returning to the O'Neill household. I'm back from the States, more or less recovered from my jet-lag and hard at work editing the amazing Wedding of Jill and Dan. I was so lucky to be able to go over to Salem, near Boston, to photograph their Big Day. I managed to take over all my gear - give or take the odd tripod and lighting stand - and so was able to work just as I do in the UK. Well, not exactly, as Wedding photographs in America are taken before the ceremony, which worked out really well as that was at 5pm, and already dark ..

It was also rather amusing to know that I've now worked in the same room as Robert De Niro! Just days before I went to America I watched a really good film called 'Joy', starring Jennifer Laurence and our man Bob. An interesting fact in the hotel's info pack was that some of the scenes from the film were shot in the same room as our Wedding, and I couldn't wait to put the film back on and find out which. Well, check out the mirror in The Grand Ballroom. I'd had my eye on that for a shot - two becoming one and all that - and there it is, slap bang in the middle of De Niro's drunken 'Wedding toast' scene! Thank goodness Jill's Wedding went off better than Jen's ...

No comments:

Post a Comment