Friday 7 October 2016

Crossing the line ..


















People ask me if I still photograph gigs and the answer, I'm afraid, is no. Ok, I might shoot a few snaps when I go to see someone, but nothing that you'd call 'professional'. Probably because I don't actually go to many gigs anymore. There aren't any new bands that I like, and I hate to sit through a gig when it's somebody I don't like. The main reason though, is access. Three songs and you're out. That's all a pro snapper is given these days. None of that hanging around and walking on the stage like I did with Joy Division. I hate the way groups are kept so separate from the fans - those big metal barriers that say 'Stay away' from us ..

Today's shot is from the gig I went to in London a couple of weeks ago. Believe it or not a steward told me to 'get back behind the line' when I was standing thus that Saturday. Rock 'n roll? I think it died and went to Health and Safety school ..

No comments:

Post a Comment