Tuesday 13 September 2016

Job done ..





















I've only gone and flippin' well done it! I've published my book at last!
I am sooooooooooo happy!..

A project I started in about 1985 but which got put on the back-burner until five years ago is finally, finally finished and out there for all the world to see. My book - The Boy who missed Next Year - went live on Amazon Kindle yesterday evening and has already sold its first copy. Ok, Lesley bought it, but it still counts! It's an adventure story, written for older children upwards ..

Anyway, this blog supposedly being about photography, I'd better tell you about today's photograph. One of the main characters in the book is a little shubunkin called Cedric so, on Monday afternoon, I went out and bought the little fella you see here and set about getting a shot for the front cover.
Easier said than done. This picture, dear reader, is frame number 258! Yep, you heard me right. It took two hundred and fifty eight shots to get the one where the fish 'looked' at the camera.
I was exhausted ..

The skull, on the other hand, was the perfect model and never moved an inch all afternoon ..

Anyway, did I hear you say you wanted to read it? Well, just go here and dive in.
Buy it for your teenager, and have a sneaky peak yerself! Enjoy!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment