Wednesday 15 June 2016

The Manchester Bomb ..



















It's 20 years since the 'Manchester Bomb'. I'll always remember that day as I was working on a PR job at Warrington Hospital at the time the bomb went off, but had been made to switch off my mobile 'phone whilst I took my photographs. I missed the whole damn thing!..

This cute shot of a parade - taken from my archive - is an appropriate picture to mark the event, and residents of our fair city may recognise in it the scene of the event. The bomb was planted just the other side of the iconic scalloped roofing of the old Marks and Spencer building. A couple of years later, after that entire edifice was demolished because of the bomb-damage, I was booked by M&S to photograph the start of the new building work. Ironic .. 




No comments:

Post a Comment