Saturday 18 June 2016

Coming home ..












Football's coming home, and so is Tim Peake! Well, one out of two ain't bad! Welcome home, Major Tim, and congratulations on one hell of a fascinating mission. Now there's somebody whose autograph I'd ask for ..

.. which is more than can be said for the lads in the England football team. I know they scraped a win on Thursday but man, they play such an uninspiring game. I've learnt a lot though, watching the Euros over the past week. First of all, I now know it's very important to say that a team plays "on the front foot". That makes it sound like they actually hop around the pitch, but there ya go. Secondly, everyone on a team must speak with their hand over their mouth. This is vital. Thirdly, if you're stuck in traffic on the way home from work, it's helpful to know that most games actually only achieve anything in the last 90 seconds of extra time. You should know too that players spend more time on their hair and beards than actually training. This is also vital. Ooh, such pretty boys! Finally, and most fascinatingly, I learnt that, in every game, each player - on average - covers the turf with approximately one and a half gallons of spit!

So now you know ..

Ps; Today's shot - and I know I've shown it before - is another from my archive, circa 1980. 








No comments:

Post a Comment