Wednesday 18 May 2016

So this is permanence?..















 Sticking with the theme of Memories in May, I dug out an old scrap-book that features this Eccles Journal cutting of my first ever published newspaper photograph. It was in this month in 1977 that, as a 16 year old, I got my 'big break' into press photography and the rest, as they say, is history ..

Also assigned to history is Hooky's 'So this is permanence' gig, which took place a year ago today in Macclesfield. He sang every single one of Joy Division's songs in a gig that will stay forever in my mind, and that in itself was to mark the day that the band's lead singer killed himself. Good to see then that, almost forty years on, both Hooky and I are still doing what we love.
Pretty permanent, eh?..

No comments:

Post a Comment