Tuesday 22 March 2016

If I only had time ..












I was down in Birmingham yesterday for the annual UK Photography Show and I'm pleased to report that my credit card has survived intact. Boy, I could have done it some serious damage there .. you can imagine all the new gear that was on display! As it was, I actually came away with a couple of bargains. I spent a mere £20 on a gorgeous orange/red backdrop - normal price way over £100 - and a book that I wanted to get was in a buy one/get one free offer! Brilliant! Highlight of the day for me was during a talk I attended on 'The art of the quick portrait'. The guy giving the demo showed us lots of shots of 'celebs' that he took mere minutes to produce. He then got into a bit of a technical mess with a camera that wouldn't tether to his laptop properly, and came out with an ironic quote that I'll bet has been uttered by every Wedding photographer under the sun.
"I wish .." he said ".. we had a bit more time.."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment