Monday 10 August 2015

Roll away the years ..











Go on! Ask me about The Tubes! Go on, 'cos I'm dying to tell you!..

I went to see them on their 40th anniversary tour on Saturday night and they were .. fantastic! Forty years on and - oh, boy - the lads have still got it! Admittedly it was, as Lesley said, a bit like a Saga Holiday coach outing - and that includes the audience! - but I don't think I've ever before seen such joy on the face of a performer! The lead singer Fee Waybill just couldn't stop smiling and laughing and joking with us all. It was superb! Forty years? Man, they just rolled away ..

Anyway, excitement over and back to normal again. As usual in August, work has dropped off a little so, as I mentioned the other day, I've finally had some time to start shooting new work for my Florescence collection. These are the first digital images I've shot for it, and it amazes me now to think I photographed every single image before this on film! Yep, colour trannie, Mamiya 645 with extension tubes and a lot of coloured paper! Up close and personal with plants again, though ..
man the years just rolled away ..  


No comments:

Post a Comment