Thursday 16 April 2015

I know that bum ..


















I've been contacted by someone who recognised their bum on my blog! Just as I concentrate on my Travel photography, I get a message out of the blue from an old pen-pal in The States! Yet another amazing coincidence!..

I stayed with Vallerie in Concord, New Hampshire, after she and I began writing to each other about 1980. I'd written to the Tourist Board in Manchester, NH, saying that I lived in Manchester UK and ..  would anyone like a pen-pal? Val's Mum worked in the office and took my letter home, telling Val to 'write to this English guy!' ..

Well, we corresponded - long before email and Skype, of course - then finally got to meet in '82, when I spent two months travelling around America on a £200 Continental Airlines pass. Man, what a trip that was. I was so broke that I used to sleep in airports then fly somewhere just so's I'd get fed on the 'plane! Sounds like I was the bum, actually! ..

Great to hear from you, Vallerie ..





No comments:

Post a Comment