Thursday 2 April 2015

Call the Fire Brigade ..



















I was shooting an Awards Ceremony last night for The Greater Manchester Fire Service when a young lady came up to me and said "I know you!" I reached into my pocket, assuming I owed her money but, for once, that wasn't the reason.
"You photographed my sister's Wedding at Portmeirion" she said..

Well, we narrowed it down and it turns out I did photograph her sister's Wedding at Portmeirion and, by coincidence, have just published a few of those photographs as a venue page on my website. Anyway - guess what - her sister was at the ceremony 'cos her husband - the groom! - was there to receive a Long Service Medal from the Lord Lieutenant of Greater Manchester. What a lovely coincidence, and I couldn't wait to get home and post a picture on Facebook for them. In return I got this lovely message "Thanks Martin. Lovely surprise to c u there, lots of lovely comments about your work tonight"

This morning, they've also returned the photo favour by posting a picture of their own from the ceremony. There's Paul, receiving his medal from the gaffer and lo .. check out the serial killer lurking in the corner! It's me, it's me! Someone call the fire brigade ..


No comments:

Post a Comment