Tuesday 24 February 2015

Terrible ..
















D'ya know, a man could get a complex! Following on from the recent 'Sh*t' email I received, I read this in the comments book of my exhibition on Saturday. I was at 'Made in Eccles' at The People's History Museum with some of my pals. I had to bribe them with booze to get them to come into Manchester, of course, but come in they did, and - despite the tears - a good time was had by all..

The comments book is filling up nicely. Some of the exhibition visitors even liked it! There are comments in there by a couple of other snapper mates, and even a few nice lines from a girl I used to date about 30 years ago!! One of the staff members told me a chap from Germany had come to the museum specifically to see my work, and on Saturday I chatted to a very nice couple from Middlesborough who said it didn't matter that the pictures were about Eccles, because it felt so similar to the working class area they'd grown up in in the North-East..

Blog update: No sooner had I posted today's blog than this photo was sent to me!..










So, not so terrible after all ..

No comments:

Post a Comment