Friday 14 November 2014

You're hired ..


















There was a lovely piece in the Sunday Times last week about successful businesswoman Karren Brady, which was a coincidence 'cos I'd just added a picture of her to my new Studiofivefour website. I shot her at home for OK! Magazine, with hubby Paul Peschisolido and with their little daughter Sophia. The shock of it was that the 'little' girl has just started University! Eeek! Where did that time go? By the way, despite my staunch and unwavering modesty, I'm going to tell you that Karren wrote to the magazine to say my portrait of her was one of the nicest she'd ever had taken!..

Apprentice fans will also be amused to know that I once did some portraits of Sir Alan Sugar too, and I can tell you that what you see on the box is what you get on the day. That man does not do smiling! I smiled, though, when, covering his attendance at a Q and A in Manchester later that evening, we were waiting backstage for his big introduction. He lifted his hands and tried to put them into his jacket pockets but, as it was a new suit, they were still sewn together. I'll never forget having to snip through the stitches with my penknife, just seconds before he went on stage!..

No comments:

Post a Comment