Friday 17 October 2014

File under twat? ..














Jake the Peg, Jane Street .. and Jump, you twat! Just the first three listings in the 'J' section as I begin the long process of cataloguing all the negatives in my archive. 'Jake' is a shot of a 'three-legged man' shot through a van window in Blackpool; Jane Street is a series of photographs of youngsters running up said road in Salford .. and 'Jump' is the picture shown here, one of my favourite pieces of grafitti, scrawled onto a road-safety poster in Eccles! Hmm, now should it be filed under 'Jump' or 'twat'? Might need to double list that one! Anyway, yes .. the process of filing all my work has begun. Now that I've been taken on by the Picture Library it's not good enough to simply have rows of big boxes of scrambled negatives on a shelf, a lucky-dip lottery every time I shove a hand into the chaos. Time to get a grip and get 'em organised, and I've got to say that looking through them all again is an absolutely fantastic experience! Smokers, snoggers, Stretford anyone?..  

No comments:

Post a Comment