Tuesday 19 August 2014

Strap me down ..


















Sorry to go on about 'the old days' but the subject was inevitable - or should I say, obligatory - when me and my pals got together at the weekend. One old Yah-Boo that came up was the ever-present - well, it is these days - problem of 'Health and Safety'. We're all fed up with it!..

I've shown you before the photographs of me standing on top of a 300 foot high chimney stack in nothing more than my work jacket and a pair of trendy 1980 flares. I climbed up a ladder on the outside of it with not so much as a sniff of a safety rope or hard-hat! You can read that blog here, and now here's another one I've found for you to enjoy. This was the time I went up in an RAF Hercules to photograph the Red Devils Parachute team. I think it was in 1980 or '81. First finger up to H&S was the fact that I took off - standing up - in the cockpit of the aircraft, and then I stuck the full two fingers up by walking to the back of the plane and standing at the edge of the open ramp to take pictures as we swooped over Barton Aerodrome! Tied in? Strapped down? Get lost!..

No comments:

Post a Comment