Monday 4 August 2014

Given the choice ..



















Today's Blog just has to tip its hat to the start of the First World War, and my archive shot of the Cenotaph in Eccles seems an appropriate way to remember it. I shudder when I think of that disgusting waste of life, and I shudder even more when I look at the state of the world today. We haven't learnt a single bloody thing, have we? I think that's why I like the little figure on the sign. Its perky posture seems to suggest that yes, it is possible we can walk away from war and get on with a better life. If only it were so ..

My PR weekend continues into today, with a portrait shoot in Manchester for one of my 'regular' clients. Over the weekend I was working on a somewhat stressful shoot for a well-known Home Builder that involved hammering rain, a shrieking 18 month old baby and an absence of half the props I was supposed to be shooting! Still, not exactly serving in the trenches, was it?.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment