Monday 24 February 2014

Still shooting .. (?)



















It's been a bit of a quiet time at the studio lately, and the only thing I have on today is a passport shoot for a young lady who's off to America shortly. It got me thinking about this shot, which has resurfaced thanks to the work I'm doing on my archive of slides. It was taken in Luxor, Egypt, and is of a chap who was taking portraits for passports and official papers. His clients sat on the stool in front of his glamorous backdrop and he would expose a tiny piece of photographic film in his wonder of a camera, which then doubled as his darkroom as he developed and then printed a small photograph inside it. (You can see his bottle of developer and his 'wash' on the floor next to him!) I wonder what he's doing now? Is he still making a living as a photographer, or has digital done for him, too?..




No comments:

Post a Comment