Wednesday 11 December 2013

A nation of shopkeepers .. and then there's me!



















It's time for a re-think! I'm giving up on trying to use my unit in Culcheth as both a studio and as a shop. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it just hasn't worked! (Hi! Welcome to True Confessions!) You see, in the five months I've run the place I've sold .. wait for this .. ONE set of place mats and FIVE greetings cards! Twenty eight quid! In five months! Five months of sitting in the unit, day after bloody day, force-fed crap commercial 'yoof' radio, waiting for those elusive sales and well, wasting my life!! So, it's time for plan B! Out go all the prints, the Florescence table-ware, the Joy Division posters and the Smiths T shirts that I was so damned sure would sell like hot cakes, and let's get back to using the space as a pure and simple studio! Route One! Lights, camera and hopefully a little more action! From now on StudioFiveFour is ONLY a studio, and I'm only going to be on site when I have a shoot. Phone for an appointment, and all that jazz!

Hey, you live and learn ..  


No comments:

Post a Comment