Thursday 31 October 2013

A sorry business ..




















Just back from a PR job, photographing Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills. He was talking business, boosting business, supporting business ..

When I got home I received a phone call from a local school. No names, no pack drill but I'd emailed the head, asking if he'd be interested in a Facebook portrait offer for his pupils. They'd get a professional head shot done for their profile, and I'd donate a percentage of the fee to the school fund. "Sorry.." said the lady that called "We can't recommend any one business over another!" "But I'm the only portrait studio of this kind in the village.." I said. "Yes..." she replied "But we have members of staff who run their own photography businesses too!..."

Oh, what a sorry business it is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment