Wednesday 2 October 2013

Girls on Chip ..


















More on the subject of rock, and .. oh, let me put on my anorak before I begin! Guess what .. I've picked up an SL-D2 - minus counter-weight - for just £25! I know! How exciting! And the good thing is, I had the balance from my old one to fit onto it, so the one I've now got worked straight away. Does it get any better?

Sorry, let's start again! Actually, let's not! All I was going to say is that I bought a new 'old' record player off Ebay - for the bargain price of twenty-five quid - and now I can get stuck into all my vinyl again! (The picture today's an arty shot of said vinyl) One of the first records I played on my new turntable was Red Light, by Siouxsie and the Banshees. The rhythm is driven by the sound of a camera's motor-drive being fired, similar to Girls on Film by Duran Duran. I couldn't help wondering what those songs would sound like if they'd been made in the era of digital cameras! Girls on Chip? Click ....

No comments:

Post a Comment