Tuesday 22 October 2013

And take your bagpipes, too ..



















Watched a rather interesting programme about Iceland Frozen Foods last night. Interesting because, quite a few years back, I had a PR job where I photographed the MD and seem to remember him as a really nice guy. The only problem with the programme was .. the narrator! The Scottish narrator! I couldn't tell half the things she said! What was all that about "weaste" food and Iceland's "Each Q"? And the Co-op? "Gid with Fid"! What? Speak English, for Gawd's sake...!

Now, I've nothing against the Scots - Hi Hamish, Hi Suzanne - but, for goodness sake, why do we have to have so many things voiced in a Scottish accent? Sod that idea of sounding more trustworthy, it just makes me want all those narrators to vote for Independence and bugger off back over the border!! Get some English voices back on the telly and the radio! Even Brummy ones! I don't care!..

Oooh, I've not had a rant for ages! Felt good! Let's have more! Och, aye....

No comments:

Post a Comment