Saturday 1 June 2013

I'd just like to point out ..













There ya go - one of my favourite shots from the June installment of Twelve for '13! This, and another 79 shots have just been added to Flickr, and you can check 'em all out from here! Incredible to think that I'm now half-way through the project and all I can say is - I hope you're enjoying it! June's collection takes us from hot-dog stands to Honey monsters, Placemate 7 to Eccles Job Centre, kids on choppers to snogging at 'grab-a-granny' night! Blimey, talk about diverse! If you don't know, Placemate 7 was a disco in Manchester, and my pal and I used to go there every Tuesday night - it was free to get in before 10pm! Trouble is, it was empty before 10pm, and we'd have to stand there bored rigid sipping our over-priced bitter shandies until a bit of 'talent' came in. I remember one time my mate started chatting up a French au-pair. He actually apologised as he thought I'd be interested, but she was definitely not my type, so I left him to it. Within a week she'd ditched her job and moved into his Chorlton bed-sit which, many weeks later, she managed to set on fire and melt all his LPs. Ah, oui, je ne regrette rien...

No comments:

Post a Comment