Tuesday 14 May 2013

The thought was there ..















Yes, I'm back, and it's always the same with holidays, isn't it? You work like bonkers to get everything done before you go, then still have to work like mad to catch up with all the stuff you didn't do whilst you were away! Still, it'll never stop me going away, and I've already got myself up to speed with Sam 'n Steve's Wedding, which I shot the day before I went away. Ah, holidays! For a week there I quite fancied myself as Daniel Craig, striding through the surf as James Bond - or Jamie Oliver, carefully working my way through the resort's restaurants, identifying local herbs and methods of cooking - or Ranulph Fiennes, forging new routes into the island hinterland and making contact with the natives. In reality, I didn't dare go too far into the sea, 'cos I hate deep water - and I ate chicken souvlaki at the same restaurant for a week 'cos I liked it the first time and why risk getting a meal you don't enjoy - and I did spend quite a bit of time looking up at those paths that wound around the hilltops but, well hey, you're on holiday aren't you, and you're supposed to be getting a breather whilst you can! Ah well, there's always next year...

©Martin O'Neill 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment