Thursday 30 May 2013

Con Man ..













The mysteries of The Google Rankings are a dark art, and I could study them for another hundred years and still not understand how they all work. Thankfully, yet another 'expert' came to my rescue yesterday and offered me his services to get my web-site up the listings. "There are so many brides out there.." he assured me "who are happy to spend £1, 350 on their Wedding photography" and, for a fee, he added, he could direct them to my site. Oooh, I said - with faux enthusiasm - so how much would that fee be? He started to hit me with figures. My mind went blank. It involved hundreds of pounds! My eyes started to water and I went for a lie down! Isn't it funny that the word 'con' can be used to mean 'to study' or 'to swindle'...

No comments:

Post a Comment