Wednesday 22 May 2013

Come fly with me..













So I'm working on this old image yesterday - of a Jumbo at 'Ringway' Airport - when 'Jet' by Wings comes on the radio! I just love coincidences like that! The other day Lesley and I watched the Kirsten Dunst version of 'Marie Antoinette' and, listed in the film credits, was the name of a guy who's job was 'Head Cutter'! The guy who wrote my Crossword Dictionary is called Ted Smart! It goes on and on! Anyway, the reason I was working on this shot is because it's just been selected to go up on the walls of a new 'Executive' Lounge at Manchester Airport. I've had two images chosen - the other shot is of an old Dan-Air Comet - and it looks like there'll be more to go up in the near future. It's all been a bit rushed - as these things always are - but I'll be able to tell you a little more about it once the lounge opens to the public next week. There was one other good piece of news yesterday, too! I'm going to have a three-month show of some of my music photography over the summer/autumn at a cafe in Salford. It'll tie in nicely with the Salford Music Festival, so I'll probably be able to buy my own private jet from the sales of Joy Division prints before Christmas! Must fly..

Stop Press: News just in .. reports say it's not a Jumbo, it's a DC8 !

No comments:

Post a Comment