Monday 20 May 2013

A word in yer ear...



















Saturday was fantastic! A brilliant Wedding and an amazing gig! Two WOWs in one day! I'll talk about The Wedding tomorrow, 'cos my theme today is music. I got the shock of my life on Saturday when I heard the young make-up artist before the Wedding admit that she'd never heard of The Police! I mean, choke on my Cheerios! Ok, I accept that music is a generational thing but bloody hell! And, funnily enough, I've just been listening to XFM - well, I do try to stay down with the kids, you know! ( Or up .. whichever one it is! ) Anyway,  they just played a new song by an Aussie band called, I think, Sancisco. "I put these.." said the Joss Dickey "In the style of .." and then he mentioned some other 'modern' bands I've never heard the names of. Bloody Nora, I thought, you're doomed already, boys! The DJ is basically saying you just sound like other bands! Might as well pack up and go home now! No danger of that, of course, on Saturday night when ageing rockers Discharge and The Exploited took to the stage at the Ritz, in Manchester. Talk about a generational thing - I was instantly 21 again! Straight into the mosh-pit, glasses firmly gripped in one hand - camera in the other, and I have all the bruises, bangs and aches to prove it! Have a look at a bit of film here! Now I'm not critising that young girl. Music is constantly changing, after all but, from my middle-aged perspective, not necessarily for the better. I just feel so smug that we got The Exploited, and she gets Bruno Marzzz...

Two, free, four...

No comments:

Post a Comment