Thursday 12 July 2012

No Moss Gathered...



















50 years of the Rolling Stones, eh? Like, cool, grandad! Now take your medicine! Wow, that is going some, though it's not like they are still, actually, er .. going .. is it? God, it's bad enough when bands of 'my' era reform, and I think that says it all. The Rolling Stones were a band that my Dad liked. They were just a little too early for me, like someone who's now 40 saying they wished they'd seen Joy Division. Still, we all get 'our' time, and I'm just so pleased that I was born in the BA era. BA? Before Adele!

Anyway, in the interests of topicality, here's my shot of Bill Wyman, which is as close as I got to shooting the Stones. It was when he opened a branch of his Sticky Fingers restaurant in Manchester. I seem to remember he never offered me any food, but that's the photographer's lot for ya, right there on a plate. Or not....

Looking forward to another Shoot 'n Tutor workshop today, with a young lady whose Prom Shot I did about 4 years ago. I'm not saying she's keen but, for her birthday last week, she got a new Nikon D3000, a Shoot 'n Tutor session to learn how to use it and a birthday cake in the shape of the camera!
Now that's what I call having your cake and eating it...

No comments:

Post a Comment