Thursday 21 June 2012

Midday sun?...















Mad dogs and Englishmen will be fine today, as there's absolutely no danger of being boiled in the heat of the midsummer sun! Ha ha, as if! As the announcer on Classic FM said this morning "Welcome to June the 21st, the wettest day of the year. Sorry, the longest!..."

My plan today was to work my way through another Wedding selection of 100 photographs, then relax in the sunshine with a Pimms as I prepare to watch the first quarter-final of Euro 2012 - it's a hard life, this freelancing, you know! Actually, digressing, I heard it was Prince Will's 30th birthday today and it dawned on me that it was May/June of 1982 that I got laid off from the newspaper I was working on, meaning I have actually now been self-employed for thirty years! Bloody hell, I must be doing something right! Anyway, back to the non-event of the solstice, I was thinking about the time I got up at 4am to climb a volcano in Indonesia just to watch the sunrise over the lip of the mountain, and when I got to the top it was cloudy! And that reminded me of the time I went up Sugar Loaf mountain in fog so bad you couldn't see the summit. At the top the statue of Christ the Redeemer was covered in scaffolding! And one time a pal and I flew to the US to watch a shuttle launch, and it got cancelled before we landed in Florida!
Mad? You're telling me!...

No comments:

Post a Comment