Thursday 26 April 2012

Mission accomplished..














Apologies, Facebook fans, but I've got to get my money's worth out of this photograph! Yes, look everybody .. it's me .. and David Bailey! Aaaagh! How much of a groupie am I... ? And who cares? I've met David Bailey!! And I got his autograph! And he asked what camera I was using when I got this shot - and no, he didn't mind that it wasn't an Olympus Trip! - so all in all a fab trip down to London and well worth the effort to meet one of my heroes! He might be 74 but he's still got his great sense of humour and a cool knack for telling a good story. The place was packed too, which shows you the influence the guy still has. My fave quote of his from the entire evening? "Seeing takes a lot of looking..." he said " ..and I'm still practising!" Modest, or what?

Right, reality calls ... I'm off to shoot an Awards lunch in Coventry.
Hmmm, now how would Bailey do it? This way, darlin'...


No comments:

Post a Comment