Saturday 7 April 2012

The heat is on...














Probably hard to see, but this thermometer reads thirty-five degrees, so it obviously wasn't photographed here because it's a Bank Holiday, and the cold, wind and rain are right on cue to spoil the long weekend! They'll make a pickle of today's Wedding too, I fear, as it's being held in a, well let's say less-photogenic hotel in Stockport, with any amount of car-park to choose from for my shots should the weather behave, and any amount of dark, crowded corridor should it decide not to! I will, of course, rise to the challenge, and the results will be on here for you to see by Tuesday.

I'm waiting excitedly for the post-man! I've bought myself a new Fuji rangefinder camera, and can't wait to start playing with it. I've ordered it from Jessops on-line shop, and can expect it any moment with free next-day delivery. Thing is, I did actually go to the shop to buy one, but get this.. It costs £50 more in the shop than it does online! Fifty pounds .. from the same company. Is it any bloody wonder our high streets are becoming deserts? Makes my blood boil...

PS: My shot was taken in Dallas, and the thermometer was in the shade. Get me back there ..  please!!

Stop Press: 8.15 pm .. home from the Wedding! Man, I rose to the challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment