Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ah, technology!..
















There you go .. I got through a whole blog about Blue Monday yesterday without mentioning New Order once! I mean, if I'd mentioned them I'd have had to talk about Joy Division, and that would have led to me telling you (again!) about my new exhibition at Corvino's Wine bar in Culcheth, where I'm showing some of the shots from their 1979 Bowdon Vale gig. But no, I avoided it completely and spared you from being bored out of your brains! 

No, what I wanted to show you today was this rather amusing little sequence from one of my December Weddings. This was at Willingon Hall, in Cheshire, where I'd set up a remotely-operated camera at the back of the room, then headed up to the front for some close-ups of the exchange of rings. However, for some reason, when I pressed the remote the camera at the back just went bananas! It started firing off, machine-gun like, at however many frames-per-second it does, pausing only to buffer its memory every few frames. Well, I looked at the registrar, and she looked at me, and everyone looked back at the camera! I had no choice but to interrupt the ceremony and hot-foot it back to turn the bloody thing off, being photographed running down the aisle as I did so! Having examined all the gear, I now think it was because there was a reflection of the camera in a mirror up by the front, and the signal kept bouncing between the two. (I think!) Still, no harm done! It broke the ice, gave everybody a laugh, and I only had to delete 53 images from the card!  

No comments:

Post a Comment