Wednesday 23 November 2011

This way, darling...












Time for more photographs of me! (Well, it's been a while, eh?) And right on cue my old boss at the Warrington Guardian sent me a picture of all the photographers who worked for Cheshire County Newspapers back in 1981. I'm at the back, the kid with the punk hair and Buggles glasses! I had to laugh because I'm doing exactly the same in that shot as I was in a picture taken of me this August! 
"This way, darling! Look at me! Look at the camera!.."

We were having an exhibition in Warrington Library as I remember, and this 'press pack' photograph was taken to publicise the event. Sadly, I know that at least two of the guys on that shot are now dead, and amazingly Mike, the chief photographer, is still on the paper, after all these years! Ironically, this week I had a report handed to me, with comments criticising 'age, parts and efficiency'...
It really is time for a new boiler!

No comments:

Post a Comment