Thursday 21 July 2011

Shugborough!...




















Fantastic house, gorgeous gardens, fascinating sea-going history .. yet I got most excited by this! A mock-up of Patrick Lichfield's old London studio, set up in a corner of his Staffordshire home! What an amazing place! Highly recommended! Only a few miles off the M6, yet a different world. That's Shugborough, the home of the late Lord Lichfield. Dropped in there the other day, and instantly felt a real warmth for the guy, who sadly died suddenly just a few years ago. It prompted me to dig out a couple of the books of his that I own, and I absolutely loved flicking through 'In Retrospect', a sadly appropriate title considering he's now dead! His approach to people just shines through in every shot, and every one of his subjects looks like they're having the time of their lives with him as their portrait photographer! What a lovely legacy!

Just a chance, then, to tell you about my latest portrait offer! A location/lifestyle photo-shoot and a 10 x 8 inch print of your choice.. just £75! Won't buy me a stately home, but it'll sure as heck get you a great portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment