Thursday 31 March 2011

Makin' it!













I've just had the opportunity to experience 'real life' for a few days,  getting up at an un-Godly hour each morning and seeing what it's like to have no choice but to, say, work a night-shift or earn a pittance. It was a project that didn't quite come off, so I won't bore you with the detail, but it reminded me once more just how lucky I am to be a Photographer. It's no wonder that people sometimes can't quite grasp what a photographer does for a living. ("What do you do in the week?" I was once asked at a Wedding!)
With photography, there's nothing to build, or brush, or stack, or weld. It's just you and your eye! 
I read an article last night describing the raw materials of Photography as 'Time and Light'. Chuck in a lens and a bit of creativity and that's all a photographer has to work with when he throws his viewfinder around a subject. Times are hard out there, but a snapper who knows his onions will come up with the goods and make a product that everyone wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment