Tuesday 15 March 2011

Bye, Bob!
















Bob Greaves died yesterday! Probably bit of an unknown to a lot of you, but he was Big in Manchester!
He presented the local TV News programme Granada Reports in the '70's. You kind of grew up with him in this City! I met him quite a lot in my role as a press photographer, and here's a shot from way back.
Actually, he's not the only 'dearly departed' in this shot. The chap behind him is the late Salford Labour MP Frank Allaun, and the event they're at is a rally for good old Rock Against Racism! I can only pray that the lady in the poncho is alive and kicking. She sure was when I shot the picture..as you can tell by Bob's expression!

One other thing today... I've relaunched the Web-Page I made after I'd come back from Japan. I went there for my exhibition of Joy Division photographs. I called it 'I Remember Nothing'! Please have a look at some shots of a great country, and don't forget her at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment