Monday 15 November 2010

We print £50,000 topless Di shot....




















The recession drags on..and no end's in sight. Bit like 1993, when I shot a project called 'Boardom'.
I went into Manchester and, on one 12 exposure roll of film, shot a collection of boarded-up buildings.
To make it more interesting (Hey, it was Valentine's Day and I didn't have a date..!) I stuck a copy of a Sunday Newspaper in each of the shots, with the headline referring to the building as much as I could.
Point in case...a shut-down nightclub called Dick's Last Resort...subtle, eh? I stuck the Sunday Sport to the door, with the headline 'We print £50,000 topless Di shot'...see what I mean?
The roll of negatives is still in my office..one frame of each shot..uncut.
It's a pain to think I could go out today and shoot a whole new set of images, as our high streets take the brunt of the cut-backs in spending. Anyway, you can see the whole set here....

No comments:

Post a Comment