Friday 8 October 2010

Three Little Words..











Ah, the power of words! Now, 'those' three little words are quite important to a Wedding Photographer. One kinda relies on them being said to actually make a living! But, as I blogged recently, it's generally true that hearing nothing from a client is the only way you know you're doing ok! So, I've had three 'three little word' moments this week that have steered my working mood. Shooting a house for an estate agent on Tuesday, I was busy moving furniture around and lighting dark corners. The lady in the house commented that she was getting the "Rolls-Royce treatment".. Excellent mood! Then, a client for whom I'd shot a business portrait got back to me. "Send more images"..Worried mood! The job was a rush affair and they'd asked me to send two upright and two landscape versions of the shoot. More images? Why? What was wrong with the ones I chose? Don't you like them? "We love them", came the reply "That's why we want more"..Excellent mood!
Finally, a couple came round to the studio to chat about their forthcoming Wedding. Early stages..still looking for a Photographer. I gave them my slide-show and the chat and they seemed pretty happy with what I was telling them. An hour passed, we laughed, chatted, planned their day...and then off they went. His parting words as they left?  "Well, thanks anyway!"
Bugger, bugger bugger!

Speaking of threesomes (Eh?)...this triptych is from my Florescence series!

No comments:

Post a Comment