Sunday 5 September 2010

What a day!...




















Had a fantastic day yesterday! I had the honour of shooting the Wedding of Caroline and Rob at Rostherne Church, in Cheshire. Caroline is the daughter of Lord and Lady Grey, so after a ceremony conducted by the Bishop of Stockport it was all back to their fab house in High Legh for the reception. When I say all, I mean 327 guests! What a crowd. Ended up hanging out of a bathroom window to get a shot of them all on the front lawn! (One of the ushers showed me a shot he took of my big head stuck through the window..I'll blog it when he sends me a copy!)
So, a very busy day, with quite a specific list of formal shots to get, but with so many guests for the bride and groom to greet it was getting quite late in the day before I could even start to set up groups. The light was going, and it started to drizzle a little but, hey..job done!

Actually, I was on a little bit of a high before I even got to the Wedding. A shot of mine was just voted 'Wedding Photo of the Month' by visitors to a Wedding Organiser site. I actually used it on my blog the other day...No prize..just more kudos and an even bigger head!

Finally, a lovely moment from yesterday's bash. A couple came across to me and asked if I remembered them. The penny dropped as soon as the chap spoke. His American accent took me right back to Shrigley Hall, where I photographed their Wedding on a snowy day just after one Christmas. Turns out that was TEN years ago! So lovely they thought to say hello after all that time!

Ah..I love being a Wedding Photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment