Thursday 16 September 2010

Photoshop Handsome..
















..is the title of one of the tracks on the new Everything Everything album. Features great lines like "What have you done with my Father? Why does he look like a carving?"..and "My teeth dazzle like an igloo wall"..!

Looking through other photographers' websites it seems Photoshop is often more important than Photography! Brides are soft-focussed to buggery, albums carry overlapping images that bear no relevance to each other, and competitions feature portraits of people without a single pore on their face! Photographers 'do' the retouching because they can..it's in their 'toolbox' so they're going to use it! Of course, I use Photoshop, but only to tighten up my pictures from their basic camera form. My friend asked me if I was going to get the upgrade to Photoshop 5. I told him my version of Photoshop is so old it doesn't even have a number!! Thing is..it does what I need it to, so why just get more and more gimmicks? I'm more into reality, in that I don't generally take a shot and wonder what I can do with it later. I'd rather get it right in the camera and leave it at that...

Anyway, here's a shot I Photoshopped earlier...
Ok, ok..it has its place !! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment