Tuesday 16 March 2010

You're 'avin' a larf!














Great example of the way photography's value has declined in the eyes of others...

I've just been approached by a company to shoot a few trial shots of their new product, just to see if we could work together. I spent a whole morning in my studio trying out different lighting arrangements / product set-ups, etc., and showed the company the photographs. They liked them so much they asked if they could use two of these 'pre-shots in a magazine.

I was really pleased, until they said they'd pay TEN POUNDS per image....They didn't get the images!!!

That's a real shame for both of us, but I'm gonna stay on my high-horse and defend the worth of all that work. To them, they just saw images that they liked and wanted...to me that was a morning's shoot and 32 years of experience..(working on my own, without the client present, I might add!) coming together to get what the client wanted, but didn't want to pay for.

That's another reason I don't "Just put our wedding pictures on a CD"....like amateurs do.
Why am I going to give a client ALL my photographs, without getting sufficient financial recompense? I mean. the option I offer, with a choice of 200 Hi-Res CD images for £1,000 works out at a fiver a photo, for goodness sake!

Moan over!

No comments:

Post a Comment