Wednesday 3 February 2010

Aim, fire!















A good way to introduce the master that is Don McCullin.
He's got a new exhibition at the Imperial War Museum of the North, at Salford Quays.
I was going to say I'm dying to see it, but you get my drift...

One for all you snappers reading this, but he was on Radio 4 this morning giving his thoughts on digital (ie: colour) photography.
"That's like offering fruit salad instead of a main meal!"...he said.....bearing in mind he shot in black and white.

I remember another gem from his lips....I met him in 1992 at his book launch at Waterstone's in Manchester. I dutifully waited in line to have my copy of his book signed...and when I told him my name he said, in his gruff, soft once-cockney voice.."Bloody hell..your's is the first Northern accent I've heard here!"

Good luck with the show, Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment